Mas Racing Products - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
that one hot rodding kid

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mas Racing Products

has anyone here delt with Mas racing or their fiberglass stuff? how are they to deal with? and how are their products?

Thanx,
Jordan

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2005, 10:33 PM

Last journal entry: metal finish

Ive used there epoxy resin.. works real good and is fairly priced.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 PM

Mas Reply

I know the guys well. Just there the other day. Some of there glass is great, and some of the older molds, or atleast 1 in particular I did not like. It needed some work to level it. For the most part, they are very good.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 PM

Last journal entry: metal finish

OK, i think were talking about differne things here.. company here that makes fiberglassing supplies.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:44 AM
that one hot rodding kid

Last photo:

the reason i ask is because im planning on using their t-bucket body and was cerious. i cant beat $319 bucks for it either! thanx guys!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM
MAS Line Design

Last photo:

mas bodies are cheap because they are thin.
the area right down the middle of the body where the mold parting line is is prone to splitting.
remember this is a race weight body for the most part.
once properly reinforced, though, you're good to go.
lots of guys using them....

for my money, i like unlimited products t-801 bodies
the next bucket i build is getting one.

http://www.up22.com/t_bucket.htm

not sure what the difference in shipping would be, but its worth weighing your options
Old 09-24-2006, 02:28 PM

BEWARE---- MAS racing products - BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While years ago (back in th 80s and 90s I frequented this store for my 1968 torino gt...picking up various parts with good luck. I recently (4 weeks ago) visited the store and inquired about some aluminum valve covers for my car. They had to order them but I was assured..nay guaranteed... by the salesperson that helped me.... that they would fit no problem. "They are genuine ford replacement parts...they'll fit perfect- No clearence problems whats-so-ever!" was stated to me. Whenthey came in and I said that they looked too tall (the same thing I inquired about when the were ordered) I was AGAIN told they would clear everything. When I got them home and they DIDN'T FIT.... I phoned the store. They said to bring them back. When I did the saleguy shrugged his shoulders and started to fill out a store credit form. I told him that I needed valve covers. We looked but he could not order any other aluminum valve covers and again stated he would give store credit. I told him that I needed VALVE COVERS... other performance parts would not cover the rockers on my car and due to the fact the car is in its end stages of restoration... I NEEDED NOTHING ELSE! The engine was brand new from Wgaomons Engine Rebuilders who put all the performance parts in it that I wanted.... any guages and such I already own...Rims and tires are all new... suspension is new... brakes are new... transmission is new...and on and on... The only thing they could sell me is one of those stupid foot shaped gas pedals which #1 I dont want and #2 WILL NOT COVER THE ROCKER ARMS ON MY ENGINE! He stated there was nothing else he could do so rather than make a scene...I took the high road and left. I called back to talk to a "mAnager" who refused to take my call. I then wrote a letter to explain my situation ... they refused to reply... I called the better business burea and filed a claim which they (MAS) STILL haven't responded to.. (go figure) ...then I called my VISA card company (thank God I charged it) and they held the payment to them while they attempted to broker a resolution. They also have not gotten a response. (Maybe MAS doesn't realize that they have not been paid yet).. LONG..LONG STORY SHORT.... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE! I AM OUT $200 and STUCK WITH BIG BLOCK PAPERWEIGHTS AND A CAR I CANNOT MOVE FROM ITS LOCATION IN MY GARAGE! I AM AMAZED BY THEIR REFUSAL TO EVEN DISCUSS THE FACT THAT THEY GAVE ME A PROMISE (TWICE) AND NOW REFUSE TO DO THE RIGHT THING. KEEP IN MIND THAT I DIDN'T START YELLING AND MAKING DEMANDS.... BUT RATHER SPOKE WITH THEM IN A CALM FASHION.... MAYBE I SHOULD TRY THE OTHER..........
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 PM

MAS Racing fiberglass parts

I make fiberglass parts for MAS Racing in our shop in Minnesota. I'll be happy to answer any questions. I can't speak for the quality of other shops, but I know our quality is hard to beat. Also, I'm looking for an old MAS catalog. I don't need prices, just part numbers. If anyone has one I'd like to get it.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Last photo:

what parts/part numbers are you looking for ?
Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 PM

How's it goin'

I have part numbers on the molds, I need a catalog to see what numbers go to what cars.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Last photo:

which car parts ?
I will try to copy the pages & send them to you.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChopper
I have part numbers on the molds, I need a catalog to see what numbers go to what cars.
Just curious, but how is it you work for MAS, making parts for them, but you don't know what the parts go to?

That seems strange, unless MAS is concerned about parts being sold out your back door, and not through the company who is paying you to make the parts for them.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 AM

I just need the cross reference for all of the fiberglass parts. So I know what parts I have go to what cars. If I could get a copy of that I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Last journal entry: 23 t
Last photo:

mas sucks

mas ****!!!!!!! it was the worst company i ever delt with. i ordered a body from them at the end of apri and never saw it. i called them a week later and they told me i had to pay extra shipping so i paid them that day over the phone with my credit card and the guy told me i'd see it in a week. well a week went by and no body, so i called and there was no answer so i left a message no one got back to me. i called all week and it said the voice mailbox was full.finally i got ahold of someone(2 weeks later) and they told me it was on the dock and it was going out that day and i should see it in aweek. never saw it. i tried calling and the voice mail box was full again. i sent a ton of emails and got no response. i finally called my credit card company and they got me my money back. the person i did talk to on the phone at mas was a rude ******* who didn't seem to care about anything. i ordered a body from classglass and it is the nicest piece of fiberglass i've ever seen. any way i needed to vent about this mas disaster. they ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by 302 Z28; 08-02-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Violation of guidelines. Please see: general board guidelines.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Last photo:

Original question has been answered, thread is closed.

Vince
Closed Thread

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.