Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - master cylinder to use?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

I have used 10# inline RPVs on low drag fronts with no problems, it cuts the piston retraction back to about .010" from .020", so you don't have a brake drag problem with that setup. I don't know what RPV rating is in the MC you have, stockers can be as much as 16#, that extra residual line pressure is what might be making the rear brakes drag in your case, with your current setup.

You can test the RPV, the setup is simple.
Adapt a 0-30 psi gauge to the outlet. (in this case I am testing an inline wilwood)

To test an RPV in a mastercylinder, just adapt a gauge anywhere downstream from the outlet, youcan even plumb it into a bleeder on the caliper.

Apply about 20 psi, the let off the pressure...The gauge will tell you what the residual pressure rating is.

That is a valve that I took apart and installed a better spring, it now holds about 12 psi. I test them for pressure, as well as time it takes to leak down. It should hold indefinatly, any less than 20 minutes at the rated pressure and I would consider the valve junk.

Yes, as you can see all of my info is gotten from books.
Later, mikey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0248.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	38307   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0247.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	38308  

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 05-23-2009 at 01:54 PM.