Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Master ® torpedo heater?&..
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Hey fellas do any if you guys know about Master® heaters?I had just got done block sanding my truck&went to turn on my reddy heater when it didn't want to start I took it apart to find a mouse nest.I thought I cleaned it all out but nope..started ran grid for a sec then it started burning I cut the power off&poured a small amount of water in it..(I know need a extinguisher getting one asap) well took it all apart cleaned&dryed everything&its like it's not even plugged in.Circuit board looks good so idk.
Well I found a master® brad 135000 btu multi fuel torpedo heater on managers special for 249.00 its the only one.Sears wants 460 something&walkmart 430+ so it sounds like a steal but I've never heard of them.Any of you guys have any experience with them?I need one asap.
My shop is insulated &well ventilated I work in the first half of shop&place it in the rear then 110 will get up to 80° when it's in the 20s but getting ready to add a wood stove.Sorry so long.Thanksq
I suggest you read this http://www.masterdist.net/codescharts/lpchart.html before spending any money on it. You will need large tanks to get the full output of the heater. I have seen this very thing happen a number of times at construction job sites. General brings in a large rental unit and it wont make much heat. He calls the pipefitter to come figure out why it isn't getting enough fuel. General then calls propane company to bring out a big tank. Workers are happy that there is now some heat. Old pipefitter/plumber ain't so dumb after all,LOL.