Matching numbers road runner value - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Matching numbers road runner value

I have been looking for a 1968-1970 383 Road Runner in great condition. I have found a few in the 22-25K range but none have matching numbers. Is it worth spending the extra money to get a matching numbers car? I am not looking to store this for 25 years. After all, it's just a plymouth sattelite with a big engine and no trim!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM

are you just looking for a cruiser? i'd say forget matching numbers. are you looking for a trailer queen as an investment? in that case the difference is huge. personally, i buy these cars to drive them. i just got rid of a numbers matching low mileage torino gt convertible because i didn't want to be the guy that modified a collector car. i traded it for a 69 firebird with a 70 engine semi cloned into a trans am. if i decide to do something crazy with the engine, who cares? different rims and tires, who cares? will it ever be worth what a matching numbers cars is worth? no! who cares? it all depends on what you want it for. if you aren't selling it who is going to check to see if the casting numbers are correct? those are some bad cars. i'd trade this pontiac for one that didn't have matching numbers and never look back.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

$20-50k seems about what they go for depending on options and how many numbers match. I don't think you could go lower than say $18k for a RR, but you could with a SAT or a Coronet.

If you just want a cruiser, you could go for a Satellite or a Belvedere, and make some changes to create a clone of your liking. Much more reasonable cars. I had a chance on a '70 Sat at 1 time. Near mint condition outside, and a good original interior. Missing the engine because it had blown, and the owner had a different car to tinker with, and he wanted $2k. A cheap Small block could have been added to put that car in the $8-10k catagory
Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 PM

i could have bought a ragged out '68 satellite with a 440 for about 2300.00 a few weeks ago.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.