Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mattson ATom-Miser HVLP Paint gun, anybody used it? or know of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Custom builder and painter

Last journal entry: Another test fit of the axle
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OK I've sprayed with both style mattson's the regular style gun in my opinion sprayed much better.. the shop I used to work at had one and I liked if for base.. I like it enough to buy the gravity fed ones. the gun came with two tip sets which was cool cause you just unscrewed a knob and twisted it and it came off to put the other head unit on... But I didn't like that style nearly as much, it was harder to clean, the check valves kept going bad which caused it to not spray correctly, if you somehow kinked a air line and pulled the trigger it would shoot a stream of paint... never had it happen on a job or anything,, I just remember joking that i could use it as a squirt gun to shoot paint all over the boss..lol... but most importantly I didn't like the way it sprayed so It was definetely not worth all the other hassles that came with it.. but on a lighter note, I sold the set on ebay for like $250.00 so if you can buy both of them for let's say $200.00 go for it, and then get rid of them on ebay..lol..