Maverick Grabber? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 PM
born in '90, drivin a '51

Last journal entry: Engine is in!!!!!!!!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Maverick Grabber?

Hey guys im pickin up a maverick grabber (circa 72?) for the powertrain then planning on ditching the body, Interior is pretty trashed, body seems straight with only a few real minor rust spots.

Got a friend who is getting a maverick and wants to buy mine for a parts car but i think he will not find much to work with judging by the shape of the one he is getting.

What would this car go for on a classified site? or here even, just thinkin my friend will be more upset with buying it off me, so I'm thinkin ill sell it to some one else and actually make some money off it. Are the grabbers a decent seller? Im thinking like aim for 300 maybe???? To much, or will it sell fast with that tag??

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

Just give it to him...
what goes around comes around...

money means nothing for crying out loud

Pay it forward
Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,151 Times in 950 Posts
^agree with milo, make a deposit into your kharma account.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:34 AM

Last photo:

These are desireable due to their light weight for FoMoCo bracket racers,should be able to turn it EZ.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp71e
Hey guys im pickin up a maverick grabber (circa 72?) for the powertrain then planning on ditching the body, Interior is pretty trashed, body seems straight with only a few real minor rust spots.

Got a friend who is getting a maverick and wants to buy mine for a parts car but i think he will not find much to work with judging by the shape of the one he is getting.

What would this car go for on a classified site? or here even, just thinkin my friend will be more upset with buying it off me, so I'm thinkin ill sell it to some one else and actually make some money off it. Are the grabbers a decent seller? Im thinking like aim for 300 maybe???? To much, or will it sell fast with that tag??
A real '72 Grabber is actually worth something. Has to be a real one, though- for the biggest return, although ANY 2-door Mav in good shape is a bit of a find, these days.

The third and fourth VIN numbers of a Grabber are 93. The regular Maverick was 91. The 302 engine code is an "F" as the fifth digit of the VIN. There weren't very many of these made in '72- like 30K TL, and was the last year before the crash bumpers started. A desirable little car, IMO. Body condition trumps all else, the suspension and interior were nothing special. But there were a lot of "Grabber" hoods and stripe kits installed on base Mavs, so be sure of what you have.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Last photo:

Well its not so much money or not wanting to give it to him, but i have seen the car he is gettin, He77 im the one that showed him where it was. I think he doesnt believe the shape of mine, he will not be able to use anything from this without dumpin more than its worth getting it redone. Im more trying to save him....
Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 AM
point on positive

Last photo:

Sure wish there were more as people as considerate as you that's for sure. Might tell him it's your's if you want it but a condition would be to read this thread first, Selling cars to friends has always haunted me later. I loved every car I've ever owned and have learned to sell them to people that live far away if possible so I don't have to see them again kinda like a ex-wife girl friend etc.. You'll do the right thing.. hopes are others will learn from you..
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp71e

Why would you break up an original grabber for the drivetrain, esp one w/ a good body? A 302, C4 and an 8" are about as common as a 350/350.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Last photo:

I knew someone who bought a new Grabber when they first came out. Silly (but very pretty) girl got rid of her (?) '67 Mustang to get it .
Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead
Why would you break up an original grabber for the drivetrain, esp one w/ a good body? A 302, C4 and an 8" are about as common as a 350/350.
Im friends with the guy who built the engine and it was very well built and fast, His son did the tranny and its built very well too. The main reason is price, I can get it for less than what i would be in on a block and decent trans. They may be a dime a dozen but im havin a he77 of a time finding good ones that dont cost a couple hundred dimes, plus buying from someone i dont know means trusting them on blind faith and that has burned me before. Knowing them = they are going to give me a good deal on it and i am not the friend that gets a good deal then B*****s about it, I know i got a good deal, i know i bought it as is, and i know it hasnt ran for over a year now....

IF PROBLEMS ARISE I NOW OWN THE CAR AND THEY ARE MY PROBLEMS!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Last photo:

Oh and ps if i decide to keep it, (if its a true grabber i will) i would have pulled trans and engine and redone the whole body, some suspension work and the interior. If i keep it its getting stripped, if its not a true grabber im stripping it and passing it on.....

If its not the true grabber ill let my friend go through the whole thing take what he wants then sell the rest.....
Old 05-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Just give it to him...
what goes around comes around...

money means nothing for crying out loud

Pay it forward
+1 Agreed

Cheers, Ken

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.