Hi guys, Car is 1991 civic 1.5 Liter, a real eye-turner, I know. Anyways I was having a problem where my battery would die to the point where I couldn't crank the engine over within 48 hours of sitting. I got out the DMM and began pulling fuses on the dash fuse block while observing the current draw. I can't recall what my exact current draw was since this was about 3 months ago now but IIRC it was around 0.3A (300mA). I got to the last fuse (ofcourse) and when I pulled this fuse the current draw dropped to next to nothing, so I knew I had isolated the cause of the excessive current draw. This fuse was named "cigarette lighter relay". Well...... I don't smoke so I didn't care if I left this fuse out if it meant my battery wouldn't die on me in 2 days. With the fuse pulled however my factory radio does not work either. Somehow the radio is wired through that fuse. I am planning on taking another look at this problem soon since I have been driving around now for 3 months with no music!!
My question is, what is the maximum or acceptable current draw you would expect to see with the ignition off?