Hot Rod Forum banner

May 2013 Hot Rod Art Contest: Non-Big 3 Hot Rods

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  VivaChas 
#1 ·
Our April 2013 art contest winner KENMO has selected "Non-Big 3 Hot Rods" as the topic for this month's art contest. So, no GM, Ford, or Mopar, but bring on the Anglias, Studebakers, Hudsons, Fiats, Nashs, Cords, etc.

This month, the winner gets a $50 gift certificate to Speedway Motors.

Voting will take place in the last week of May, so please have all entries posted by the 25th.

Thanks to all participants and voters!

#14 ·
The Fabulous Hudson Hornet

I Don"t know what is up with the Kb International truck ??? The Willys, Henry J,and Fiat along with Fords English Two Door the Anglia were normal if not under powered auto's. Until their rebirth as drag cars in the 1960's. And then builders used built Hemi's Fords or, Chevy engines. There was a car that came from the factory and was found to be a winning dirt racer. It had a 308 cubic inch engine with a duel carb intake called twin H power.It also had a step down design with a center point steering . This car became to be known as the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. It tore up the dirt tracks for many years. Signed Vagabond Road Artist Lincoln Highway Johnny.

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
VW Surf Rod

Yeh! *Let’s go surfin’ now! *Everybody’s learnin’ how! *Come on a Safari with me!!! Woo!-Hoo! *Man this banged up*loosely*restored VW Surf Rod complete with tubular roof-rack is so rad – dude! – Ha! *This cool vintage Volkswagen Beetle is pretty much in it’s natural state of condition. *And that is great! ~:0)

U know I’m getting kinda tired of vehicles with $10,000 paint jobs. *I’ve seem all the $15,000 wheels I care to. *And I… – no wait a mo. *I still like a nice tuck-and-roll leather*upholstery*job. *But let’s cover it with a good looking donkey blanket. *You know just so we can say we did – Ha! ~:0) VivaChas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.