Hot Rod Forum banner

May Art Contest Starts Now "Mustangs, Any Style" 45th Anniversary, Have at it guys !!

11K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
May Art Contest Starts Now "Mustangs, Any Style" 45th Anniversary, Have at it guys !!

With the 45th anniversary of the Mustang just passing, thought it would be a great subject for this month in honor of the "Pony Car" From 64 1/2 to present day, anything goes.

Contest begins now and runs until the 26th to allow for 5 days voting.

Enjoy The Challenge guys, it's an all year, anything, any style format again for this anniversary on Hotrodders.com.

#3 ·
454 Rattler said:
I had several Mustangs over the years so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

454 RATTLER
Pick A Year Rattler !!, I'm game for idea's. The stangs range so many decades and with all this fuss over companies loosing their ownerships and looming bankruptcies it's inevitable our tried and true cars will soon dissapear and we'll be having contests on the best import, lol.

#6 ·
Only Racing said:
Pick A Year Rattler !!, I'm game for idea's. The stangs range so many decades and with all this fuss over companies loosing their ownerships and looming bankruptcies it's inevitable our tried and true cars will soon dissapear and we'll be having contests on the best import, lol.

I owned the first 64-1/2 Mustang 2+2 released in Chicago.I would like to see that in any form.
My brother-in-law had a really nice 1970 Mach 1 Mustang with big tires and trick wheels. I loved that one too.

Does this give you any ideas ? Of course we would like to see what's on your mind too.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to whatever you submit.

454 RATTLER

#7 ·
fortypickup said:
Heres what im workin on! Had it since 1988! Still workin on it!
Forty, either that's the only pic you have of yours or you haven't touched it, lol. !!

Rattler, all those are doable by anyone here, I was thinking myself along the lines of the 70 / 69 versions also. There is one Mustang I consider to be the most defining of the time and it's class, Ohio George Montgomery's blown Mustang, what a monster

#8 ·
Only Racing said:
Forty, either that's the only pic you have of yours or you haven't touched it, lol. !!

Rattler, all those are doable by anyone here, I was thinking myself along the lines of the 70 / 69 versions also. There is one Mustang I consider to be the most defining of the time and it's class, Ohio George Montgomery's blown Mustang, what a monster

Only Racing, I'm an old ex-drag racer and I remember talking to Ohio George several times. Bring on the art work !

It would be a treat to see those cars again.

Fortypickup, you just triggered lot of memories. THANKS !!

454 RATTLER

#13 ·
Ford Junkie said:
I'll get a kick out of this month's contest. Heck of a pick. I took my first ride in life in this one and still have it. I took this pic in the late 80's. It's just a scanned photo not real high res.

Looking forward to you guys work this month.

Tony
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to get to the track to get some stang pics, It's a shame since we just had Arm Drop Live here and we have a gorgeous Mustang of that year that ran well in it, black with gold stripes Mach 1.

#14 ·
Only Racing said:
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to get to the track to get some stang pics, It's a shame since we just had Arm Drop Live here and we have a gorgeous Mustang of that year that ran well in it, black with gold stripes Mach 1.
Yeah Hortons car is really nice, I helped paint that car in my first body shop experience. learned the history behind it too.

#18 ·
eloc431962 said:
Love the mustangs my first car was a 67. I grew fond of the 70 i have owned from 1965 fastback /to 70 Boss 302 . I now own a 70 mach 1 . This will be a good contest cant hardly wait to see what all of you show us. Heres a pic of my 70 mach 1. Cole
Welcome to viewing the contestents artwork, I feel like I need to call firstzies on the 69 -70's, I keep getting beat to the punch by the other guys, lol. Gorgeous car BTW, love the color.

#19 ·
Only Racing said:
Welcome to viewing the contestents artwork, I feel like I need to call firstzies on the 69 -70's, I keep getting beat to the punch by the other guys, lol. Gorgeous car BTW, love the color.
My favorite years as well. I told this story before, but my dad bought a '69 mach 1 new, and he let me know many times how I was the reason he sold it, as it was not the best car for a baby seat in back(I was born in 70). One of the many things I'll always remember about my dad along with the story how he was racing my uncle with his 62 galaxie, hit between the wheel, rode down the ditch, and derailed the train (with my uncle looking back thinking he was a goner). He had some pics of most of the fords he owned, but Unfortunately he never took pics of the mach, I was too young to remember it when he had it, and all I ever got to see of it was in one of the familys old super 8's where he caught the side of it. Boy what she'd be worth today.

#23 ·
Doodler said:
It's already the 9th and I haven't even had a chance to think about this months challenge. I hope I have the time, but right now it's looking iffy at best.
Well "Dood" :) we all hope you can participate, it's great artwork you do and I'll bet you could come up with something awesome, I haven't even started, i'm always late, these website designs are killing me, nothing works right on both browsers.

#24 ·
Only Racing said:
Well "Dood" :) we all hope you can participate, it's great artwork you do and I'll bet you could come up with something awesome, I haven't even started, i'm always late, these website designs are killing me, nothing works right on both browsers.
Man I sure hope I can. We laid off just under half of the people in creative department at work, so everybody's work load just doubled. Hooray for being salary right! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.