Hot Rod Forum banner

MCO is back, well sorta...

791 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  speedingpenguin 
#1 ·
A couple of die hard Motor City Onliners have made a mod for the game!!! The mod is for EA's F1 Challenge 1999-2001. The game has unbelievable graphics and sounds. The game so far includes 1949 Mercury's, 1965 Stangs, 1969 RoadRunners, 1970 Hemi Cuda's, 1973 Firebirds, 1969 GTO's, 57 Bel-Airs.......and many more to be realeased later. This game is very promising to be an MCO replacment.

For those who dont know what MCO is, it was an all-online game created by EA. It shut down in August because it wasnt getting the money it was expected. This game touched this lives of thousands of people. The original MCO game had over 75 classic and Muscle cars, which if all plans go as planned will be put into the MOD. I invite you all to join the MCOMOD forums and hopefully get sieked up enought to buy F1C and start playing this game with me. See ya on the track.:p

Alex

#3 ·
Yeah, they just realeased a patch last night the includes better game physics and a couple more cars. The 65 Stang Fastback, 69 AMX, 66 GTO and the 67 Chevy Camaro. You should try it, anyone is welcome to play, even if you didnt play the initial MCO.

Alex

#5 ·
speedingpenguin said:
a minor problem.....
Since the game is discontinued, and MCO is technically dead, where do you get/download the origional game?
You need it to play, right?
I'd love to jump in and play but i never bought the game and i'm sure that not even wal-mart would still have it...haha
You dont need to have the original MCO to play this mod. They made a patch for EA's F1 Challenege 1999-2001. They have a download site added to the forums page, mcomod.com that you can download the first patch from, and the second patch is downloadable from the forums.

Althought MCO is dead, I still see some losers trying to pawn off the game to some poor sap that has no idea that it is no longer online.

I hope that helped.

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.