Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - measure valve lift at retainer
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Stroke Meister

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Good call techinspector1. I decided to look into that stuff originally because of arguments etc. Let me say this, until I did the data/measuring etc, I thought things were good to go the way I'd done it for years. However, upon digging into things a bit deeper, comparing, measuring and so forth, I have a little different view of this than before. I spent a whole lot of time doing this stuff, looking at over arcing under arcing comparing max lift and geometry etc etc etc. Some have said it's a waste of time, but having gone through the trouble, I hardly find it a waste of time. Like I said, seeing is believing. When I toasted the old PC with about 25+GB of stuff on it I was quite disturbed. Going through everything is going to take a bit but I know it won't be as tedious as when I did it the first time. It's just a matter of slaving that HDD, learning this new OS and it's 'ways' along with the time thing. Your Wiki suggestion is a good one, who'da thunk?