Originally Posted by cobalt327
If the main ground from the battery to the (usually) engine or a bracket attached to the engine wasn't making good contact, the electrical system could have been grounding through that one small gauge wire that melted.
Before it happens again, check the connections at the engine and battery and condition of the negative battery cable, along w/the positive cable condition and connection at the starter solenoid. If they're questionable, replace them. Be sure the grounds between the engine and firewall are there and tight.
Well he did replace those wires from the battery to the fuse box to the starter and whereever else they go.he said the little ground wire was the only wire burned up.are there other wires i may need to check in there somewhere that may have a bad spot on them touching somewhere?the little ground was bolted to the body og the jimmy,thanks.