Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mechanical Faux Pas
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
LOL, a couple more of these are popping in my head, thanks guys. LOL How about when the dealership would bring us a new dash part to paint and they would bring us the old one to match the color. We couldn't get very close to those colors, I was years from really understanding matching colors so I wasn't very good. I would paint the new dash, AND the old one so my color "matched". LOLOLOL Never got a complaint. I can just see them delivering the car "What do you mean it's a different color, here's your old part, it matches perfect".

This was NOT a good place for a young guy to learn good business practices.

Another one I remember was putting a Pinto together and the grilles on these cars were plastic with slotted holes so it would move one way or the other. The car was all done and parked out front and I saw the customer come walking up looking at the car. He saw that the grille was over to one side more than the other. He walked up close to it and really eye balled how close it was to the headlamps on both sides, even trying to "squeeze" it closer with this thumb and index fingers. He looked and looked back and forth and then walked into the office. I ran out there with my screw driver and loosened it up moving over straight and ran back into the shop. The customer walked out and opened the door then took one more look probably thinking in his head "I should complain and have them fix that, I'll take one more look to see if I can put up with it". He walked out front of the car looking at it and quickly went back and forth shaking his head as he saw that it fit perfect. Poor guy went back and got in the car thinking he had lost his mind.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
OLNOLAN (04-24-2013)