Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mechanical Faux Pas
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
boatbob2

Wiki Edits: 0

Another of my FAUX PAS es

I had bought a new tank of Acetelene,then i hooked up my guages,tried my torch ,worked great,turned off torch AND TANK,started cutting thin metal using my 4 inch grinder, sparks shooting near my tanks,my tank caught fire,you talk about that deer in the headlight look,my wife almost passed out,I didnt know wether to S%%% or go blind,only thing I could do,was wet a couple of shop towels and wrap them around guages,it wasnt the guages,it was where the factory nipple connected to the tank.i was scared that tank was going to blow up, heres another one,(I didnt do it) my buddy had just painted a 53 foot Hatteras,(i mean JUST) paint was still wet (AWLGRIP) another guy put acetelene into a zip loc bag,then used a rolled up paper towel as a fuze,(this was in an old metal building)then lit it, when that went off,it sounded like an ATOM BOMB,ALL the rust particles from the roof,fell into the wet paint. i was sure glad i was about 100 yards away...Did you ever see a grown man cry???? We all helped him out,I had a 55 gallon drum of acetone,about 15 of us,wiped the fresh paint off of the boat.it took over 40 gallons of acetone to clean the paint off...
The Following User Says Thank You to boatbob2 For This Useful Post:
OLNOLAN (04-24-2013)