Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mechanical Faux Pas
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN View Post
I was just typing a multiple reply, hit the wrong button and it all disappeared.

Okay, here's a condensed version;

Brian, I knew you would fess up sooner or later, ain't no bodyman in the world that hasn't had a faux pas. LOL, I thought drug use was a prerequisite for hiring at bodyshops.

Pugs, Its simply amazing how far a tire will roll down the street without hitting anything, seen it myself.

Bob, I know what you mean about that facial expression when and acetylene bottle is on fire, seen it happen more than once. As far as the guy with the bag bomb, I would have wanted to strangle him.
Oh heck, nothing to do with drugs, it's all about stupidity plain and simple. We all better have a few or either we are in a dream world or we are so bad we don't notice we screwed up. How about putting a rear body panel on a 68 Camaro back when that Camaro was only about 11 years old. And I get it all welded in and smell something, hmmm, I had burned the tail lamp wire harness that was laying across behind the rear body panel! LOL

How about jacking a car up and having it slip off the jack with the jack going under the oil pan and the car coming to the ground with the engine up in the air about a foot! Caved in the oil pan, broke the motor mounts, broke the mount right off the tail shaft of the trans, fan, water pump, fan shroud AND the AC evap and heater box on the firewall! Oh yeah, I have done a few.

Those were at the same shop, I hadn't thought about that Camaro in years and then the friggin jack incident popped into my head being it happened in the same stall. I better quit this thread or I will keep remembering them, CRAP, another one just flashed in front of me, I'm leaving.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
OLNOLAN (04-26-2013)