Hot Rod Forum banner

Mechanical fuel pump by (race pump)

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  66nova383 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there used one of these billet piston fuel pumps made by Race pump?
I have very little room between the engine and frame rail in my Austin A40 so a standard mechanical fuel will not fit and I don't want to use a electric pump.
So I am just looking for some feed back as to weather these pumps are reliable and worth the money. thanks for the help.

#2 ·
66nova383 said:
Has anyone out there used one of these billet piston fuel pumps made by Race pump?
I have very little room between the engine and frame rail in my Austin A40 so a standard mechanical fuel will not fit and I don't want to use a electric pump.
So I am just looking for some feed back as to weather these pumps are reliable and worth the money. thanks for the help.
Reliable and worth the money....... every penny, yes.
They are great pumps, we use them in a limited sprint car class that runs
carbs on methanol and they work flawlessly, IF, you put a good regulator on them. Believe the info on their site, buy one of their regulators, follow the instructions, or at bare minimum, we've had success running them with BG regulators which are getting hard to come by.
The fact that they are easy to install (no backing plate, just two bolts), have nice fittings attached, and take less power to drive are all just bonuses to an already fine pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.