Hot Rod Forum banner

Mel Smith

840 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eloc431962 
#1 · (Edited)
I currently have a 23 T Bucket replica with rebuilt 350, that has been upgraded to a mild street machine. It is a lot of fun but I'm considering let it go and building up a 56 Mercury.

When I was a Kid I had a 34 five window, chopped top and all, with a punched out and rebuilt Cad, four twos, wild cam, magneto and all, used to leave tyranny's all over the drag strip, back then you could run up to a 13 to one compression ratio on pump gas, so now I feel limited in what my knowledge will let me do. The biggest mistake I have made was selling the 34 and a 58 Corvette that was loads of fun to drive.

I relly would like some info and what would be the best engine to put into a 56 Mercury, that has 312 and an automatic transmission. Does Ford have big block that would bolt to the Tranny or would a tranny swap be requiered also and would the 312 make adecent street machine with a rebuild and some goodies put into it? Maybe a turbo charger or any othewr suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.