Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Melling M55 done after 5000rpm?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

if me i wouldnt get excited until you actually get her on the road and driving, one thing is if your just sitting and revving theres no load and no real world effects on the engine. get it on the road drive it easily for a bit till your comfortable with how it runs and start getting into the throttle little bit at a time and closely monitor your pressure and temperature.. every engine i build gets the pickup tack welded. (be sure to remove the cotter pin and spring from pump the heat from welding has been known to distort the spring).how many rpm is the motor intended to run? and what are your driving habits? for sb's i like to use the m55hv pump with purple spring(70psi),is that what you have?also if the problem persists after you have it on the road,try another(mechanical) gauge.i hope that helps ease your mind, i know how it can be time/money= edgy.. for the most part sb's are very reliable and forgiving if well maintained and not abused...

Last edited by sri3850341; 02-23-2011 at 09:29 AM.