Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Melting the edges of clear??
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBodyman
"I was gonna respray it half way up the pillar and use reducer to melt the edge."

"Or should I just suck it up and knock the roof and other quarter down with 800 and respray it all? "

"I think I just answered my own question. Lol."

You could try whatever 'blending' hoo-hoo you like BUT it WILL come back to haunt you in 12 - 18 months. It really is much easier to do it right once than damage your reputation.

All companies tech sheets say DO NOT BLEND the clear and you will VOID THE WARRANTY if you do. YES, they do know exactly what they are talking about.
I completly understand what you are saying. I did infact reshoot the entire rear section. Doiong this allowed me to fix a few small things I wasnt happy with anyways. This is only a hobby for me, and I normally just do friends cars to help them out. So whats the sense in rushing a job out.

I do love reclearing! Lays out so slick!

My ONLY concern was clear edges in the jams, but I've had good luck in the past with pulling the tape back right after my last coat and the edges are barely noticable.