I just read your thread you posted back in 2011 regarding a valve train ticking noise you were experiencing. I too am experiencing the same ticking noise you were, only I'm running a roller cam, lifters, rockers in my rebuilt 351w. I noticed when you changed the cam the noise went away. I have a few questions...
1. So what was wrong with your cam that caused the ticking noise?
2. What brand of cam were you using when you had the ticking noise?
3. What brand of cam did you purchase to replace your noisy cam?
4. Have you heard of this problem with roller cams, such as what I'm using, or is this mostly a flat tappet cam issue (I know that sounds like a dumb question, but if roller cams don't have this problem it will help me to rule out the cam as the cause).
5. Can pushrod length cause this issue?
6. Since you've been down this road, is there any advise you can give me to help me find the problem?
I appreciate any info and help you can provide. Thanks...