merc help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

merc help

hi guys just lookin for some help and chat with other car guys i grew up around old cars all my life i have 1966 ss impala,1949,1950 mercury and a1970 couger im workin this 50 merc now my family is the hotrod family but it just seems like they dont want to help me out im 31 years old i want to build these cars for my kids when they grow up my dad built cars for my 2 brothers but not me so i want show him up i am a better Dad.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Welcome to the site, Got any pics of these rides ?
Don't do it to show up your dad do it for yourself and your kids, Your dad will figure it out and he already knows he should have done for you what he did for the others. JMO My family is a hotrod family also and my dad never helped me maybe once because my mom was on his arsh he bought and helped my 2 brothers several cars and they never appreciated it a bit i bought my first car he wouldn't even help me get it home i bought it myself and worked on it myself. And never ask for any help from him. I had that frame of mind also when my kids were born but that soon changed and now we get along even though i still feel the sting sometimes it's all good now. I learned some from watching him when he would let me close enough but most i learned on my own and from a older hotrodder that had a shop and put me to work at a very young age like 11 yrs old and i am very thankful for people like him. after i got to work for this man i got to know several other older rodders that helped me also.
So sorry form the rambling on i could keep going but i won't ,but whatever you do just do it for you and yours it will mean so much more.

Cole

Last edited by eloc431962; 03-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:22 AM

merc

hey bud i do i just found this site so ill be puttin them on real soon thanks for hittin me back
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Last photo:

You will find this really is a great site with some great people that really know their stuff and are willing to share the info that they have .

Cole
Old 03-11-2011, 09:50 AM

merc

thanks bud i am doing for myself and my kids i didnt mean ti in that way that i wanted to show him up i ment i wanted to do all this and show him i can do it with out him and the fun that me and him could of had like the fun that me and my kids have doin it its his loss your life sounds the same it only makes us better dads ill get my pics up soon thanks bro
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by young mercman
thanks bud i am doing for myself and my kids i didnt mean ti in that way that i wanted to show him up i ment i wanted to do all this and show him i can do it with out him and the fun that me and him could of had like the fun that me and my kids have doin it its his loss your life sounds the same it only makes us better dads ill get my pics up soon thanks bro
anytime, and i will be watching for your pics.

Cole

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.