Hot Rod Forum banner

Metal Shaping @ 2012 Santa Cruz Metal Meet

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
Baileigh Industrial attended the 2012 Metal Meet in Santa Cruz California. Me (Shane) and Chris Rusch (head design engineer) flew into San Francisco on Thursday and took in some attractions. Dan (our Ontario, California showroom manager) loaded up a trailer with our entire line of metal shaping and forming equipment and meet us in Santa Cruz for the show after a grueling 8 hour drive with a trailer loaded up with machinery.

These pictures will tell the story of our trip, the show and the people we meet.

#13 ·
mag brake Neet

UVU has a mag brake in their street rod fabrication shop, I was the only one the instructor would let use it. IT made doing the skin for my 29 nash deck lid very easy. Looks like a lot more attendence this year, It is always right in the middle of when I have to be farming daylight to dark then gettin up at night to reset the irrigation system.

#15 ·
What a neat event, it is so damn cool to see that art being passed on. It REALLY is an art and it was darn near gone, like the California Condor, almost gone then when some help some nurturing it is alive and well, I LOVE IT!

I just started dabbling in it, have a few tools and just started dabbling when I had to go in a different direction and never got back. Once my Gran Sport is done I am going to get out those tools and start learning again.

Brian

#17 ·
I wish I had known about this sooner (I bet MartinSR does too!), since the event was right in our backyard. Santa Cruz is only about a 40 minute drive. Sorry I missed this opportunity.

#18 ·
Yes I don't know if I could have made it but it doesn't get any closer. Ron Covel (seen in a number of photos) has a shop and does classes in nearby Watsonville.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.