Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   Metalforming Louvers? (

ZeeksChopShop 02-17-2004 09:41 PM

Metalforming Louvers?
Has anyone ever metalformed louvers in to body panels of any kind? What kind of tools/processes are used in forming them? Does anyone know of any websites that might give a little insight into it? thanks.

4 Jaw Chuck 02-17-2004 09:55 PM

You can use a bead roller to form it or use a punch die, I think the punch die leave the panel in nicer shape and give a better looking louver. Of course you can't use a punch die on a curve panel where you could use a bead roller.

Each method has advantages.

Hot Rod Hellion 02-21-2004 04:56 AM

there is a hydraulic machine made for that purpose that uses different louver dies. Thats hard enough to use. Getting multiple louvers straight and perfect with a bead roller would be almost impossible. 02-21-2004 12:43 PM

Somewhere in the shop I have dies for a traditional 6" louvre. The dies are of course male and female and fit in a hydraulic single arm press (metalworker). You can get an idea of how a louvre press works by checking out this site

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.