Thread: mice control
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Tow Chainer

Last wiki edit: Rebuilding an early Hemi engine
Last journal entry: cruise pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

This made me remember one of my mice stories.

I used to live in the country. I had a 1970 duster with some rust through. I'm driving down the road on my way to college. I look down and here is this mouse sitting next to my feet. Kinda looking at me. I freaked out a little. You don't expect mice in your car when your driving down the road at 55mph. No major issue but he goes bolting across my feet and into the area by the center heating unit. My now wife was in the car at the time and was not impressed by my mouse house duster. I pull over and try and find him. No luck.

So over the next couple weeks I'm looking for my unwanted passenger with no luck. I'd find corn and feed in my duster, but no mice. I guess he finally moved on as the corn and feed stopped showing up. He probably didn't like me raiding his stash.

Mice part 2

After getting rid of the duster, I picked up my first 54 dodge. It had some rust through in the trunk, and it was stored outside. I went out to do something and opened the trunk to find a large pile of stuffing in a nest. No mice at that time so I cleaned it out.

Probably a month later when it got into summer I went to do some more work, and found my seat torn up a bit, but then I found the part that bothered me more. There where large snake skins through the car probably 3 of them in various sizes, the largest about 3 foot long. So Snakes will solve your mice problem but large snakes in your car may be worse especially if you ever want a woman to ride in it. My now wife was less impressed with the snakes in the 54 dodge...

Since these times I've had to shoo cats and possum away from my vehicles, I'm thinking of getting a large python....