Hot Rod Forum banner

Micro Car display I saw today.

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I have always loved the Micro car, those tiny little cars that were once roaming all over Europe. Today I went to a Portuguese festival and low and behold they had a small group of these cars come in for the parade and display.

One day I need to get to the Micro car Museum in Alabama.

Brian

If you didn't know, this is a vintage BMW!

Being put on the car trailers....two to a trailer!

Here is a cool vintage gas station that was at the historical park where this festival was at.

And a very cool vintage BMW motorcycle that was there.

And for anyone who says these don't belong in a Hotrodders forum, one of these bad boys had the optional 400cc motor! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Of all of those, I think the Bianchinas have the cleanest, most classic lines. Some of the Fiats are pretty nice too. I had a Fiat 850 when I was in high school, and I loved it. Even put a header exhaust with a glasspack on it. Sounded real nice, even though it topped out at about 80. ;)

I don't know of a microcar museum in Alabama, but there's one in Madison, Georgia, and the collection is pretty decent. There is also an interesting collection at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN. Might make a nice trip, especially if you could time it to fit in with one of the major hot rodding meets.

#7 ·
dinger said:
The yellow car with the white top is too cool! What is it? Nice pics, brian, thanks for sharing.
Dan, that's the "Blanchina" that blyndgesser mentioned. I didn't know what it was either, I only took a picture of the one window sign with info about the car. It is a damn nice looking car isn't it! (click here)

The only one of these I have ever driven the little Honda 600. My dad brought one home from the used car lot once and I took it out with three or four of my friends and had a ball, about 45 was as fast I could get it with us all squished in. :D I also got to drive a Fiat Abarth which was a lot like the black on I posted but bigger. It was a full on race car that was at a shop I was working at when I was about 19 and I took it out on the main drag in town a few blocks when the boss was out of town. :)

Brian

#8 ·
blyndgesser said:
The yellow car with the white top is a Bianchina. Really nice job of styling a car with very difficult proportions.
LOL, sorry I didn't see your post when I responded to Dan's question. :rolleyes:

Brian

#9 ·
boatbob2 said:
In 1969,while stationed in Okinawa,i bought a 1962 Fiat 500 D,it had suicide doors,65 mph top speed,probably 50 MPG, i loved that car,i paid $225.00 for it,never had a problem with it.2 cylinder ,air cooled. :) :)
They drove these little cars in the parade which winded thru this little park, on the walking paths! There were a LOT of people who thought the parade was over when these little cars had to get thru the crowds. I was standing right by them as they rolled by and a few of them sounded like two strokes. Without a doubt a very small motorcycle sound, hilarious stuff.
The funny thing is my Rambler is a MONSTER next to these cars yet it was a "small car", a "Compact" here in America.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.