mid rise lift
I have an Atlas brand lift with a 6000 lbs rating. It is great, however, there are a few drawbacks.
1) I have had several vehicles that scrub when driving on it. Need a couple of risers on each side of it. ( I use 2 X 12 's) but will be trying styrofoam glued to 1/4 plywood. to make them easier to handle.
2) Max lift of 58" (I think) is not quite high enough to sit on a rolling stool to work under.
3) If wheels are removed, and veh is let clear down it will not re-lift it without minor assistance.
4) The cable on the safety release is not as long as the hyd hose and is a trip hazard. And a longer cord is needed on the unit to eliminate an extension cord.
5) For body work and painting it is the absolute best. Would not be without one now that I have used it. I feel it makes your finished product better to keep it at a good work height.
6) Able to raise and lower during painting without stirring up dirt and insure good coverage on the rockers and wheel wells. If you do not use pps cups it is hard to get a good gun angle.
7) Very happy with it overall.