mighty demon 750 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

mighty demon 750

I bought a reman mighty demon 750 annular carb off ebay with a fuel line kit for 493.00, I removed my pro-systems 950hp from my 408 stroker and installed the demon, all I can say is UNBELIEVABLE!, Float level was perfect out of the box, it started right up and idled perfect on the cold engine, I adjusted the mixture screws a bit and a pretty clean idle, from a dead stop floor it and no bog just tires up in smoke. I took my favorite fwy on ramp where I test my car and 100 mph seemed to come a lot quicker than before.

Pro-systems is going to build me another carb as the one they built me totally sucked and I will compare them on the dyno, as I know P/S builds some of the best carbs but I got a lemon, I can say the mighty demon not specific for my combo for 225.00 cheaper runs way better and faster and has fuel injection like throttle response (I had efi before) than my custom P/S 950hp.

I read so much stuff how demon carbs suck, they do suck proper amounts of air and fuel as far as I can tell, this is my 4th demon and out of all the holleys,edelbrocks,carters I have tried and tuned my opinion is you cannot buy a better more powerful carb than a demon for the price..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwheelz67
I bought a reman mighty demon 750 annular carb off ebay with a fuel line kit for 493.00, I removed my pro-systems 950hp from my 408 stroker and installed the demon, all I can say is UNBELIEVABLE!, Float level was perfect out of the box, it started right up and idled perfect on the cold engine, I adjusted the mixture screws a bit and a pretty clean idle, from a dead stop floor it and no bog just tires up in smoke. I took my favorite fwy on ramp where I test my car and 100 mph seemed to come a lot quicker than before.

Pro-systems is going to build me another carb as the one they built me totally sucked and I will compare them on the dyno, as I know P/S builds some of the best carbs but I got a lemon, I can say the mighty demon not specific for my combo for 225.00 cheaper runs way better and faster and has fuel injection like throttle response (I had efi before) than my custom P/S 950hp.

I read so much stuff how demon carbs suck, they do suck proper amounts of air and fuel as far as I can tell, this is my 4th demon and out of all the holleys,edelbrocks,carters I have tried and tuned my opinion is you cannot buy a better more powerful carb than a demon for the price..........
It's good to hear a success story, if you will, about these carbs because I've heard so much bad about them, locally and online. I'm right at the part of my 383 build where I have to decide what to buy for induction, and I've been seriously considering a Mighty Demon 750 Annular, and am for one, thankful for hearing a success story on the EXACT same carb that I want to get. Good luck and happy rodding.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:06 PM

The remanufactured carbs on ebay are a great deal, the way I see it they are gone thru twice, you get a line kit as well which is usually about 75.00.

I think its a great carb, probably work great on a 383, I read an article on an ls1 they took a demon 750 and a demon 750 annular and the annular made like 95 ft lbs more and 30 hp more below 2000 rpm and beat the down leg booster carb all the way around.

I highly recommend this carb.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:51 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

"remanufactured" is the key word there!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwheelz67
The remanufactured carbs on ebay are a great deal, the way I see it they are gone thru twice, you get a line kit as well which is usually about 75.00.

I think its a great carb, probably work great on a 383, I read an article on an ls1 they took a demon 750 and a demon 750 annular and the annular made like 95 ft lbs more and 30 hp more below 2000 rpm and beat the down leg booster carb all the way around.

I highly recommend this carb.
yea, I read that article too, and that's what made me want to get one and try it out. you just furthered my decision =)
Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:

I also have a "reman" Speed demon 850 CFM that I purchased off ebay for 359.99 and it came with a fuel line and choke cable, (and the big DEMON CARB stickers)

I also have had nothing but good things to say about this carb.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Last photo:

im running a mighty 750 as well after a bit of tuning it works better than any carb i've ever had

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.