Mileage Tax???? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Mileage Tax????

Did you hear of the new idea for taxing our mileage??
Seen this onlin. Apparently In about ten years the plan is to have a transponder or such in our cars that records our mileage so that way our checks are smaller yet!! Not to mention other things.
Now stay with me on this. Gas is so high we cant afford to drive, electricity is so high we cant afford power. Food is so high because of the cost of fuel to truck it to where it needs to go. Now there still not making enough money so lets tax there mileage the people already cant afford 3.50 to 4.00 or more a gallon of gas so lets stick it to them on there mileage!! Supposedly to help pay for road maintainance.
Now, I build these roads and highways that so many of us love to lay long straight patches of rubber on. And an average year is about 15-20 thousand miles miles to commute to where the jobs are at. So with the price of fuel and everything else where its at and now the mileage tax, what makes them think that it is still worth going to work for.
Think of truckers, millions of miles, the moms and children!!
Makes no sense to me. If you need more money to save the very people that put us where we are today, then go back to your heated plush buildings with your 20,000 dollar paintings and print some more money, But dont tell me that my son and family owe it back because My family didnt see any of it and we damn sure didnt loan it to anyone.
Can you imagine if you were walking down the street and someone came up to you and said "Excuse me, I know that you have never met me and I'v actually been screwing your ancestors and your family before you and now you and your children since the start of time, but you owe us 750 billion dollars and need to start paying it back with all these taxes we made up, and your wage will not increase with everything else that is, now thank you and have a nice day".
I know its kind of funny and hard to imagine but it is happening right now!!!
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW IF WE AS A PEOPLE DIDNT LEND IT THEN WHY ARE WE AND OUR CHILDREN GOING TO HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. THE BAD PART IS THAT OUR CHILDREN WILL FEEL THE BRUNT OF ALL OF THIS, MY LIFE IS HALF OVER. MY SON'S IS JUST BEGINNING!!!
Try to stay with me on this cause all those over paid exec's and bankers and franky and fanny whatever couldnt seem to grass this concept.
There burying us in more debt to stimulate the economy because we as a people are not spending and the banks are not lending. So give 750 billion dollars to the very people that put us here to begin with and who with there 60 million a year income's could care less because they are already set forever, more money and make us hard working honest american people have to pay there problems back!!!!NOT RIGHT
NOW CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!
THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT WE AS A WHOLE ARE NOT SPENDING MONEY SO THE ECONOMY IS NOT STIMULATING ITSELF. SO RATHER THAN GO TO THERE PRINTING PRESSES AND SIT IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ROOM MAKING MORE MONEY AND GIVING IT TO THESE CROOKED BANKS AND CROOKED POLITICIANS AND EXPECTING ME AND MY FAMILY TO PAY IT BACK, GET THE CHECKS INTO THE MAIL TO PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS COUNTRY WORK!! IF WE ARE GOING TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR 750 BILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF THERE DEBTS AND WE HAVE TO PAY IT BACK THEN GIVE US SOME MONEY!!!
I THOUGHT WHEN YOU OWE ITS BECAUSE YOU BORROWED??APPARENTLY I DIDNT BORROW ANY OF THESE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS CAUSE MY BANK ACCOUNT DIDNT GET BIGGER!!! BUT I OWE???
I GO TO WORK EVERY DAY LONG BEFORE THE SUN COMES UP AND I DONT GET HOME TILL LONG AFTER THE SUN GOES DOWN AS IM SURE MANY OF YOU READING THIS DO TO. OUT OF A 24 HOUR DAY I GET MAYBE 2 OR 3 QUALITY HOURS A NIGHT WITH MY FAMILY IF IM LUCKY. IM HONEST HARD WORKING AND I DONT EXPECT HAND OUTS FROM ANYONE,
BUT BY GOD IF THERE GOING TO PRINT ALL THIS MONEY AND SAY MY FAMILY AND I ARE IN DEBT AND WE HAVE TO PAY IT BACK THEN WHY HAVENT I SEEN MY CHECK FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND!! I DONT NEED NO POLITICIAN OR BANKER SPENDING MY MONEY FOR ME THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE BLEW THERE CREDIBILITY TIME AND TIME AGIAN!! HOW MUCH MORE OF OUR SUPPOSED MONEY ARE WE GOING TO GIVE THEM CROOKED @#$@#$
ITS OBVIOUS THAT WE ARE HOLDING ONTO WHAT LITTLE BIT OF MONEY THAT THEY LEAVE US WITH EVERY MONTH BECAUSE WERE SCARED.
IF THEY WANT TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY THEN STIMULATE US!!!! IM SURE THAT IF WE EVERY WORKING LEGAL AMERICAN AND PERSON THAT HAS FOUGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY TO NOT BE IN THIS KIND OF POSITION HAD A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND OF THIS BAILOUT MONEY IN OUR ACCOUNTS WE'D SPEND MONEY AND THE ECONOMY WOULDNT BE SUFFERING AND ATLEAST OUR CHILDREN WOULD BE PAYING BACK MONEY THAT BELONGED TO THEM. NOT TO CROOKED POLITICIANS AND BANKERS.
I THINK THE GOVERNMENT HAS LOST SITE OF WHAT WE THE PEOPLE MEANS!!!!
IT MEANS THAT WE AS A PEOPLE MAKE THIS COUNTRY WHAT IT IS!!!! IT AINT THE BANKING THE GOVERNMENT AND ALL THIS AND THAT...BECAUSE WITHOUT US "THE PEOPLE" THERE IS NO NEED FOR RIP OFF BANKERS POLITICIANS MAKING AN EASY MILLION A YEAR. PAY THEM 30 THOUSAND A YEAR SEE IF THEY STAY BANKERS AND BUSINESS MEN!!!!
STAND UP FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE WITHOUT US THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM. WE MAKE THIS COUNTRY WHAT IT IS AND WE HAVE LOST SITE OF THAT. WITHOUT US THERE IS NONE OF THEM. A HUNDRED YEARS AGO I KNOW THAT THINGS WERENT WHAT THEY ARE TODAY BY ANY MEANS!
BUT OUR JOBS WERE OURS, OUR HOUSES WERE OURS AND A HAND SHAKE WAS JUST THAT YOUR WORD, NO FANCY CONTRACTS NO INTEREST JUST, "IM HERE FOR YOU AND I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN"
We have let them do this to us to long!!

Advertisement

Last edited by ssonny34@yahoo.com; 02-27-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

You are correct.

The system is not only Antiquated but Broken & Corrupt.

The ABC's of the USA.

There are still too many people living the good life for any serious change to come about.

When the Majority's of the people are suffering then , possibly the changes might be made, Good & Positive changes are the changes we need.

Time is coming where the US Dollar is going to be worthless as toilet paper.

When that happens all the $$ that those thieves stole will buy them nothing.
{thats what I hope for}

A is also for activism

Congress
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home

Representatives
http://www.house.gov/

But these are the people so detached from reality ,these are the PORKERS that are stealing from the average Joe.

I don't have all the answers but I still like

TAR & FEATHERS to all the scummers.

Simple & to the point.
Maybe I could get rich removing Tar & feathers from crooks?

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Don't they already have a mileage tax in the form of taxing fuel? All these politicians can think of is more ways to steal from the average working person. They are missing a great opportunity to cut an enormous amount of wasteful spending out of all levels of government but all they can think of is spend and tax even more.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

mileage tax

The problems are very complex but yet really simple. The fraze "keep it simple stupid" has truth to it. simplify and beautify! Just need ordinary people running ordinary lifes. All these over educated idiots and crooks are over doing our financial and personnal lives. Give the country back to the people that started it, "THE WORKING MAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:33 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

This was an idea floated by the new Transportation secretary earlier this month. President Obama shot it down.
http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=335351

Also, the last time I checked, gas was running around $2.00-$2.25 a gallon, not $3.50-4.00 Current prices probably aren't far off from the prices back in 2000 when you account for inflation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.