Hot Rod Forum banner

Millermatic 175

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AntiBling 
#1 ·
Finally got my neighbors son over to weld some front fender braces and the steering shaft support bearing bracket on the frame of my 34. This kid is a certified welder with a local industrial fab shop and really knows how to lay a bead. I told him I had several more things for him to weld, including a new bracket for a relocated master cylinder, but I was not ready yet. He said he would leave his welder over my place until I was ready rather than carting back over to his garage, and for me to feel free to play with it.

Well, let me tell you I did play with it. This has got to be one of the easiest ways to weld metal there is. I am by no means a competent welder, but I have done a little stick rod work. Within a very short amount of time I was laying down some very good looking beads. The Millermatic 175 is definitely on my shopping list, and my wife has beeen made aware of that.

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.