mini stock help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

mini stock help

hows everybody doing? i'm just getting on here to try and get a little faster but i need ya'll to help lol....i run a 94 mustang with a 2.3 in it ever weekend down here at the local track and it does pretty good to be a stock short block motor....but doesnt have anything on the long rods that they let run with us now...but i'm just wanting to hear some of the stuff that ya'll would prefer bout which way to go to get more out of it...the class i'm running is a "stock" 4 class and theres only little we can do to it...if anybody could help me out here i'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Last photo:

Can you mill the head? I dont know how much some guys clip off but has to be at least .050 and then you might have to start indexing the plugs.

How about throat cutting the valve pockets? Technically thats not porting.

Back cut the valves thats an easy couple cfm.

Get rid of valve springs with the funky metal shields. Earlier heads had slightly stronger springs.

Lot of guys use the EFI lower intake with a carb adapter technically that would be a stock Ford part too. Theres two styles one is better than the other.

Theres a cast iron exh manifold that kind of looks like a header that flows pretty good.

Poke around the pits and see what other guys are doing.

Theres so many things with out seeing the rules dont know what you can and cant do.
If they use a max lift rule for cams, compression ratio, intakes, chamber modification allowed or not.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:24 PM

ford made a head that had the heart shaped chamber and that is the desirable piece to use. I am almost positive that you can cut .100 off the early heads. and just that alone you will be amazed at the difference in power. I ran a car for a while and used the lunati 468 lift 268@.050 duration cam and my car was real fast down the straits, would say it ran better than those with the 500+ cams. when my motor was fresh it only had 150 cranking psi whick is pretty low alot of the guys had 200-210. also there are 2 different ford carbs that are prolly legal, there is an autolite that has a smooth curve at the front bottom and that is the one you want to run, if you are required to run a stock carb.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.