Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mini truck v8 swap?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 02:06 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If there is a will there is a way. The main consideration with putting in a big block is the amount of reinforcing wich would be required. Even larger cars, let alone a mini truck require heavy reinforcing of the chassis and or body to compensate for the weight and power of a big block. Your main consideration i suppose would be weather or not you wanted to spend the extra money on reinforcing the car as opposed to buying a new engine.

Mini trucks are very popular here in AUS. Some of the more common engine swaps are new holden (GM for you guys) 6 cylinder engines and lexus V8 are also becoming popular. The good thing about new engines is you get good power and great economy. ALos have you considered a turbo option maybe an RB20 motor or a twin turbo supra motor, you could just by a half cut from an import and you would have all the ecu wires and stuff.

Back to the big block idea i assume you would need to cut out the inner guards to allow for the headers and maybe even recess the firewall. Then you would have to fit in a tranny as well. Seems like heaps of work and remember big blocks way a ton, so really for all the extra work and the added weight, i can't see the benifit. I think your money would be better spent on a smaller engine be it a V8 if you really want and you could sell your big block to gain some coin for the new engine. Remember what you save in mods for the big block you will be able to use on a newer more suited engine.

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: 62slantsix ]</p>