Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Misfire, but where?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I mentioned before that I had manifold vacuum, however that was a lie. Im not sure why I assumed it was manifold, but after looking around at other forums it is indeed ported. Rookie mistake.

If I increase the Idle RPM to right around 1100 rpms, the miss goes away. It can be first started for the day, or warmed up in this hellacious weather we have all been having, and the miss goes away.

Would there possibly be a leak in the vacuum canister or somewhere internally in the dizzy that is causing my
idle issue? Or once again is that wishful thinking?

The reason why I mention that is because this time last year is when the swap took place. I was limited to the amount of daylight after work plus the heat. No garage accesible, and hood was removed. PLUS my dizzy cap wasnt on until I was really getting ******* done. Why it wasnt on is beyond me. But it was exposed to the elements of heat and some rain. So there had to be some water that got underneath my cap - how long it was in there is unknown.

Thanks for the responses