Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Misfire, but where?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Okay I clearly had no idea what you were trying to explain in the first response, however I think I understand it a little bit more. I have a timing light, and since I was reading your posts last night I figured what better time to see if I can find a bad wire than at night because I had no idea where to track down the bad cylinder. Tracked it down to cyl #7's wire. (pretty sure just the wire cuz when I was removing the wire from the terminal I didnt think to shut the car off and the terminal shocked the piss out of my finger when removing it haha) I swapped #'s 5 and 7 on the terminal and the plugs, and the inconsistant and lack of spark seemed to follow the wire. Now I have yet to continue with your recomendation because upon figuring out which wire was missing, with the long constant idle it randomly shut off on me. And I could tell that my starter was getting heat soaked because after I turned it off to swap out 5&7 when I went to start it up it at first felt like a weak battery but after it started cranking full rotations it would fire up. It was just the first point of starting.

But Im wondering if I should even go any further in trying to figure out which part of the dizzy or not because this is what has happened before with the little miss iv always had; I would drive it a good distance in this 95+ degree heat, it got to around 210 and had a bad stumble and randomly shut off at a light until I let it cool down. But the temp last night never got above 185..not once. And randomly shut off. There was plenty of fuel in the filter right before the carb, but did not look into the bowl to see if it was boiling.