Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Misfire, but where?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
Yep sounds like a bad wire. Do you have an old set laying around? Just swap the bad one out with one from another set and see what happens. Hopefully it will be gone, but if not then you'll have to check the dizzy. I'll try to explain it better if you end up needing to go that route.
Yea ill get a wire here soon and swap it out.

Quote:
210 isnt overheating for an sbc. What carb do you have? Edelbrocks have been known to cause the fuel to get too hot and spill into the intake. This usually happens when you have a low rise intake and the carb mounted directly to it. Basically it floods the engine out at idle. Can also happen right after shutting it off, makimg it a pain to start.
I know 210 isnt over heating but it has a steady climb to that point and I will not let it get over that because of fear of premature damage to the motor. Just me

Quote:
Another thing to look at is that your advance may be getting stuck, which would cause your hard start you exoerienced. Basically your timimg is too far advanced and is working against the starter
That also does sound like it could be a symptom because when I first assembled and tried to start it, I had my crank and cam gears 180* out and it gave me that Pffff wubba wubba wubba kinda sound like the timing would be working against the starter. Could the advance get stuck after warm up? or would it do it randomly? Only reason why i ask because unless iv been driving it around and its warm it will never do that to me.