Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mitchell On-Demand?? Anyone??
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:53 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Mitchell Ondemand

I had used Alldata for about 10 years. I've been using Mitchell since last December. I was immediately unhappy with the program and decided to cancel. I was told by my Mitchell rep that a "new and improved" 12 million dollar version of the software was coming out in February and that I would like it much better. Many of my issues were supposed to be corrected in this new software. Well February came and went and March was the new target. As March is coming to a close, no one seems to know anything about this new software. My cancellation period ended during this time and Mitchell refuses to release me from my agreement. I'm stuck with Mitchell for 8 more months. I went with Mitchell based on "special" pricing. Now I have so much down time while me and my techs are trying to squeeze data out of this program that I'm afraid to figure my actual costs related to Mitchell Ondemand. Thank God for YouTube, it's become a quicker and more reliable source for tech data and it's free! None of the errors that have been reported to Mitchell have been addressed as of this posting. According to Mitchell tech support, errors such premature timing out and intermittent loss of estimates and repair history are always the fault of my browser ( I use 3 different browsers on our 5 different pc's) or an error with my PC (the 5 pc's that we use in our business). Just this week one of my techs had to redo a timing belt on a PTCruiser due to incorrect tech data. If anyone runs across a program that they would recommend, please let me know. Good tech data is imperative in today's auto repair market.