Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mitchell On-Demand?? Anyone??
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 AM
OldSchool MotorHead

Wiki Edits: 0

Take your pick

I have used Alldata and Mithell On Demand exstensively. While both have shortcommings, I would take either for a shop. Base your choice on price and service and ease of installation. Both have tech lines to call and they will both fax you information not contained in the program. They both have a library that they draw from. you see, they only give out the Most popular information, and they hold back about 80 % of the informaiton they own. there just isn't enough demand for, or space for all the Data that they each own. They therefore maintain an archive that you can acess through the tech line. I recomend that you visit a shop with each system, and try them out. I met a guy tht cursed Mitchell, said he couldn't find anything,BUT, After talking with him, we/he realized that he hadn't read any of the literature.....Hmmmmmm. Nothing wrong with a little reading here or there. Each has a power curve of learning and each will help you and at the same time leave you flat. Alldata put a Computer TSB in the Body section becasue it involved installing a piece of sheetmetal for a watershield. Sheetmetal operations are always in Body according to the tech line. That one took some looking. Try them both out, and have fun. One last note/ramble......The information databases are an invaluable tool, and I wouldn't run a shop without them.