Model Differences[Chevy] - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Model Differences[Chevy]

Can someone break down the differences in Chevy models, I was reading around these forums and read that a 327 gets more RPM then a 350 but a 350 gets more rear torque. Does anyone have a detailed list of all the Chevy models, up to and including Big Blocks. If you can't tell, I am indeed a beginner by ALL means in this area of expertise. I've been/Still am doing my fair share of reading, but still haven't got all this figured out. I appreciate your hasty responses, in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Are you looking to build/buy an engine? There are too many variants of chevy engines to list them all (strokers, de-strokers, bored blocks, poked and stroked engines). Let me know what you want to use the engine for and i will point you in right direction.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373
Are you looking to build/buy an engine? There are too many variants of chevy engines to list them all (strokers, de-strokers, bored blocks, poked and stroked engines). Let me know what you want to use the engine for and i will point you in right direction.

I want one that can do decent if I was going to race or something, but still be able to do decent gas mileage as a daily driver. So a safe medium.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

What kind of car? Are you talking drag racing? What 1/4 mile times do you hope to achieve?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
What kind of car? Are you talking drag racing? What 1/4 mile times do you hope to achieve?
Yeh, Drag, Unsure yet have alot of different ideas, but im on a budget. No idea on the times yet either.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Well you need to know exactly what you want to do with the car. When you build and engine you need to know what it's going in and how fast you want to go. When i built the engine for my car i didn't want to race, i just wanted an engine that will have great power off idle up to 5k rpm, i also wanted it to be able to outrun any honda or toyota i come across at a stop light.
Do you know what kind off car it's going it? You need to know what kind of times you want. How much do you have to spend?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Well you need to know exactly what you want to do with the car. When you build and engine you need to know what it's going in and how fast you want to go. When i built the engine for my car i didn't want to race, i just wanted an engine that will have great power off idle up to 5k rpm, i also wanted it to be able to outrun any honda or toyota i come across at a stop light.
Do you know what kind off car it's going it? You need to know what kind of times you want. How much do you have to spend?
I'll probably end up dropping a few grand in it a maximum of like 3-5k. I also wanna outrun any honda or toyta I come across. I haven't bought the body yet, something older for sure. Depends what I can come up with. I don't necessarily want to race, but I don't want the car to be the ***** of the city, etc.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

So you don't have any ideas as to what car you hope to buy? Body on frame or unibody?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
So you don't have any ideas as to what car you hope to buy? Body on frame or unibody?
Ideally, I'm looking for a wide variety, kinda going for that muscle car look. Possibly a 60's Mustang or something similar. I don't mind the body styles on, Monte Carlos, Impalas, Chevelles, Firebirds, Torinos...Stuff like that, if that helps at all. It really depends on if I can find a body I like. Car On Frame aswell..
Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

You want to put a chevy engine in a mustang? You named a bunch of cars with mixed construction types. Mustangs, camaros, and firebirds are unibody; chevelles, torinos, monte carslos, and impalas are body on frame. The body on frame cars weigh 4k pounds or more, yet unibodies weigh 3,200 or less. Decide on a car, then decide on what you will use it for, then decide how fast you want to go, then decide how much you have to spend, and finally you decide on an engine to fit your needs. Until you figure all that out you should not build anything.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.