Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Model A- where to mount the pedals?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry i tried to link up the pics of my set up but I can not find the cord that plugs into my computer. Send me your cell phone number and I can forward them out of my phone. I have to say to everyone out there that is so pro automatic transmissions. If I have to explain to you why a hot rod needs a clutch then I guess you just wont get it. If you want a daily cruiser go buy a lincoln town car. In my set up I was able to shrink my tunnel and have room for the column and all three pedals. I used 2" angle and fabricated a support system for the pedal assembly that is welded to the firewall and the top of the cowl support bar on the outer edge of the inside of the cowl. I did a complete pull up on it and it could easily hold me and you up. I then attached a piece of angle to the front side and mounted my column drop. The hole thing was quite simple and you can not even see any of the pedal assembly or the mount bars. My car does not have a/c but there is plenty of space to incorporate one. I put a/c in my 38 chevy and it was a pain in the ***. I think I have used it twice.