Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - modifying a 74 Blazer's transmission and transfer case
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Teacher
I own a 1974 Chevy Blazer. I do not use it for heavy 4x4 action. The hardest I may ever use it is to go explore old logging roads etc in the mountains or pull a trailer.
I use it mostly as an every day highway driver. I want to go to a 700R4 transmission, but was told it would be in my best interest to also change out my transfer case and go with a 208.
I currently have the stock 203 rebuilt transfer cases . What kind of work would I need to have done to my vehicle to change over to a 700R4 transmission and a 208 transfer case?
I was told that in addition to the transfer case and transmission I would need to have my drive shafts adjusted, my carburetor adjusted, and get new lock out hubs for my front axle so it will operate as a 2 wheel drive vehicle.
Is there more I need to know or be on the look out for? What are the benefits of a 208 over a 203 other than the 2-wheel drive option?
Thank you for any help and insight you can provide.

No one can hlep Im surrious as well.....