Mondello Headers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Mondello Headers

Unreal Business Practice: DO NOT USE MONDELLO PERFORMANCE. I was was warned and did it anyway. First, Junior sent the wrong rod and main bearings that were requested by the machine shop. Junior send out a water pump that hit on the backing plate, but did send another. All in all I like how the motor runs with Mondello's prescription of parts, but I am sure glad they did not put it together. Ceramic headers that Mondellos made do not fit, on the 403 CID with Edelbrock heads. Right side hit on the 7qt oil pan and left hit on Mondello' starter. Lynn at Mondello's fix was: 1. Put a plate on the motor mounts so the headers do not hit on the frame cross member. 2. But Mondellos starter so left side does not hit (priced out at $249 but billed me $349). 3. Left side still hit on starter, so they sent out a fabricated flange spacer only for the left side ( did not have one for the right side). Did not care? Mondello's send out another set with the same problem plus the flange holes did not line up with heads. So now I have been getting a song and dance since Nov. 21, 2010. Said I would have them Dec 25 or Jan 4, 2011.
Jan 31, 2011 Lynn told he would send them out today, but to call on Monday to make sure he send them. I called and a lady answered and I asked for Lynn he is on the other line. Can you give him a message, she responded depends ( real smart ***). Called Lynn on Feb 14, 2011 he said thought they were sent out call back to get tracking number, Lynn we will send out today. Emailed Mondello for tracking number and get no response or from Junior and John. YOU MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Moving this to the Lounge, Off Topic.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Yes...We will have to make up our own mind......We dont get to hear both sides of this story......Not saying you are wrong, but you are a brand new poster here, we dont know you from Adam, yet you come on here and expect us to side with you?.....Not likely to happen......You have no credibility here......

I would imagine that you are posting this all over, I havent checked yet, but can.........Then, if the company comes through and all is well, are you going to go back to all those posts and retract it?..........

BTW...we have a Company Reviews section....that is where this stuff belongs, not on the main board....but, why do your homework when you join a board?.

Budget RVs
Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Headers Reply

Yes, I will make a reply then. As of 30 minutes after the posting I got a call from Lynn. Yes he is sending me some Dougs headers that he know they fit, I think they are used, but I do not care. I was told I would get them by the end of the week. That does not change what has happened, I was jerked around for a very long time. I made a order for parts $6k-$7k, but was talked into the headers, I was reserved about that. I could have been driving the car almost a year ago, if I would have had custom headers made. After I break the motor in, I let you know what I think Pancho about the Mondello expertise. That is correct you do nnot know me but you will.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.