Mono leaf spring - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mono leaf spring

Ive started the chassis on my 26 T coupe and I been busy .Looking around I spotteda mono cross spring,Anybody know about these for solid axel?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

The Durant mono leaf springs have worked well for me - but they don't give you enough shims to set the ride height as well as you might need. Not a problem to cut more out of plate stock though. You will need to know which way the end eyes roll and know what length spring hangers you have or will need to order. Also - Corvettes have had them for many years.

Dave W
Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Last photo:

We just installed a set in my buddys 28 T. The install was straight forward but the ride was stiff. The 28 already hit bumps and potholes badly with the leafs, but now with the monoleaf, you need a kidney belt. Not sure if a 28T will fit on your 26T, but he might sell you his cheap. I believe he's going back to the leafs.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleen56
We just installed a set in my buddys 28 T. The install was straight forward but the ride was stiff. The 28 already hit bumps and potholes badly with the leafs, but now with the monoleaf, you need a kidney belt. Not sure if a 28T will fit on your 26T, but he might sell you his cheap. I believe he's going back to the leafs.
That surprises me - mine did exactly the opposite. You might suggest that he might want to check his shocks. Also, a couple of write ups in a couple of rod mags were positive in the ride change which is why I did mine.

Dave W
Old 02-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

A lot of times a poor ride and handling is due to poor shock selection..Wish I could find another solution..(read cheaper) but it seems that what works is getting the good shocks from Koni or pro or something similar that can be rebuilt and revalved in the field in order to get the valving of the shock correct..a bit of overkill for some I know but that does work..

Sam
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 PM

Last photo:

spring

Thanx guys ,I think Ill st ick to the old ways.I know posie well enough to know that the guys in the back could help me out.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime
A lot of times a poor ride and handling is due to poor shock selection..Wish I could find another solution..(read cheaper) but it seems that what works is getting the good shocks from Koni or pro or something similar that can be rebuilt and revalved in the field in order to get the valving of the shock correct..a bit of overkill for some I know but that does work..

Sam
Absolutely need good shocks. My truck, an Ford F350 FX4 Off Road package had Rancho branded as OEM. JUNK. It now has Bilsteins and I can actually keep it in a straight line instead of wondering in which lane that bump was going to set me down

Dave W

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.