Monster trucks...I had some fun - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Monster trucks...I had some fun

A local stock car track has a yearly visit from the "big names" of the Monster Trucks. I went the very first time they were there 22 years ago - and took my then 17 year old daughter Kim and her girl friend Jodie. Fast forward, now my daughter has 3 children of her own, 2 girls and a 6 year old boy. The girls - ho hum these loud vehicles, they're are guy things. It seems that David, my grandson is absolutely spell bound by Monster Trucks and has almost all of the die casts. Of course Grave Digger, driven by Dennis Anderson and Maximum Destruction, driven by Tom Meents are his favorites. We had a fantastic time, particularly so since those two were in the 'championship round' - and won by Grave Digger. My point and shoot camera died - permanently last night after a couple of poor pictures so I don't have much of a record except memories. My daughter and David went back to New Jersey this morning, but she called to say that's all he talked about all the way home while waving the checkered flag I purchased for him and how good a time he had.

A few observations - there are a lot of people that travel many miles and regularly for these shows. The people going to these shows are interesting - and everyone seemed to have one or more children(yes, I'm a people watcher). These trucks are LOUD!! My ears are still buzzing. The show is really violent in that the trucks are many, many feet off the ground and land on any thing from one wheel, to all four and occasionally elsewhere. Dennis Anderson and Tom Meents are certifiably crazy, but they do put on a great show

.....and I haven't made up my mind yet, but I might even go again tomorrow night, the last night for this year....or for sure, next year

Dave W

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
A local stock car track has a yearly visit from the "big names" of the Monster Trucks. I went the very first time they were there 22 years ago - and took my then 17 year old daughter Kim and her girl friend Jodie. Fast forward, now my daughter has 3 children of her own, 2 girls and a 6 year old boy. The girls - ho hum these loud vehicles, they're are guy things. It seems that David, my grandson is absolutely spell bound by Monster Trucks and has almost all of the die casts. Of course Grave Digger, driven by Dennis Anderson and Maximum Destruction, driven by Tom Meents are his favorites. We had a fantastic time, particularly so since those two were in the 'championship round' - and won by Grave Digger. My point and shoot camera died - permanently last night after a couple of poor pictures so I don't have much of a record except memories. My daughter and David went back to New Jersey this morning, but she called to say that's all he talked about all the way home while waving the checkered flag I purchased for him and how good a time he had.

A few observations - there are a lot of people that travel many miles and regularly for these shows. The people going to these shows are interesting - and everyone seemed to have one or more children(yes, I'm a people watcher). These trucks are LOUD!! My ears are still buzzing. The show is really violent in that the trucks are many, many feet off the ground and land on any thing from one wheel, to all four and occasionally elsewhere. Dennis Anderson and Tom Meents are certifiably crazy, but they do put on a great show

.....and I haven't made up my mind yet, but I might even go again tomorrow night, the last night for this year....or for sure, next year

Dave W

Mr Dave..you have the most important memories with you... Plus you gave them some too.. They will never forget them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I went to the monster truck races last year when they were here, [also a yearly appearance] along with my 2 sons and their kids,, they are still talking about them,,
only problem was that it was held inside a big coliseum, where there was limited space, and couldn't do the huge jumps, and side by side racing,, but a good show anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.