Hot Rod Forum banner

monte carlo tilt front

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
I want to tilt the front clip on my 86 Monte Carlo luxury sport. the whole front end needs to come forward than tilt up. it will be all the original front clip except a fiberglass hood. i still want the hood to function.

the hardest part i believe will be keeping the inner fenders

engine will be a gm crate zz4 with efi and block huggers.

im more of a visual person so if you have pictures great if not i can follow along pretty good.

my fabrication skills are good i can well really well (with a torch and welding rod< forgot the technical name for it) im good at fiberglass and if i dont know how to do something i find out.

another question the front nose on the car is fiberglass and the fenders are metal so i quess there will be extensive bracing needed.

if i left out any info you need let me know

and post them g-body pics

See less See more
#3 ·
Making the front end tilt is not the hard part,Making the hood open is going to be the fun part.I have a pic of my 1957 chevy i made tilt,In my album,Look at everything good before you start cutting. :thumbup: :thumbup:

#5 ·
When i did my 57 i didn't want inner fenders.I bolted the hood to the fenders ,In put spacer between the hood in fenders,To get the right gap.I was able to tilt the front end off the bumper brackets,On a 57 it is real easy to do.Then you have to cut the back half of the fenders,In weld new lips on them.You can do it without cutting the fenders,But you will need two people to tilt the front end everytime you want to open the front end.The fenders will hit the doors,An mess up a nice paint job,You can leave the inner fenders, But you will have to cut them alittle,Plus you will have to get every thing off of them.Hope this helps.I put these pics.the 32 chevy i hand built that hole car.The 57 pic will show you the bottom of the fender i was talking about. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.