Hot Rod Forum banner

montea

570 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  34chevy 
#1 ·
I don't want to be rude But Your electricity in the garage is very important. I don't understand a 240 volt compressor. Let me explain something. I want you to take a sheet of paper. Draw the existing circuit (plug-in) that is in the garage. Measure from it to the door, and from the circuit to the front wall. You can place a dozen plug-ins from the existing plug in both ways. You will not use all at the same time. You can place them about 3 feet apart.You can use a 20 amp breaker normal a 15amp. You will not use these all the time yet have enough power to supply power to your individual needs. Do this on both sides of the garage. Use a 30 Amp breaker box with six breakers. Go to the main breaker and place a 30 Amp breaker for the garage. You'll have to change the wire for this instal. One wire for the existing lights, and the new for the breaker box. The garage I built 30 x 100 I used an individual wire to each outlet with a 20 amp breaker. I wanted lots of power. For my Buzzbox i used a 30 amp breaker. If you use a small breaker,you will not burn out your welder, for the addition I will use a 30 amp breaker.this is only 60 amps with 40 left in a 100 amp panel. The reason I said 4 feet from the floor is that is code. Rember exhaust fumes, or gasoline fumes rize and a spark can ignite either one. You can move the existing up if you want to. You can also run the wire. If I was there I could do it for you. bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.