Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mopar 360 stroker build
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furytom
Hey Ed,
I'm working on the same project but I deal with a 318LA block from 84 that will go in my 77 Fury. By now I figured I will go with a the 4" stroke crank and machine the block .030 over to make it a 390. Right now Im debating with myself if I buy me a set of Aluminum heads or just let the cast Iron ones I have machine for the bigger valves (2.02" and 1.60"). I saw a set of cast Iron Indy heads at summit wit a 1.94" intake that was very inexpensive. Well will see about that. If you plan for 600 horse make sure you get a forged crank and a set of good quality rods. Im sure the book told you all that already and much more

Tomi
I am planing on the forged crank but not going as far as the billet crank. What I am debating about is using a kit offering an eagle crank with all parts needed for the rotating assembly, or purchasing parts individually making use of Mopar Performance parts. In both cases, balancing will need to be taken care of (another $200-$300). So do you think it would be cheaper to purchase parts separate or buy a kit. If you (or anyone) thinks kit, which one is the best for parts and my application?

I am going with aluminum heads so I can run pump-gas at a higher compression. Since my block only supports 4 head bolts per cylinder, is 10+ to 1 compression a bad idea?