Mopar anti-rattle spring - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mopar anti-rattle spring

I seem to have misplaced the "anti-rattle" springs that attach to one end of the "strut" (Mopar's nomenclature) for my 1968 B-body 10" rear brakes. As I recall, it was a lightweight spring. The repair manual shows it as an "anti-rattle" spring, but I cannot find a part number anywhere. I've done quite a bit of searching, but I can't seem to find any more information on it. I've visited the hardware store, trying to find a suitable replacement, but that hasn't worked out either. Does anyone have any knowledge of this elusive part? A part number, a source to purchase from, or anyone have two they would be willing to part with? Thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Have you tried these people yet ? http://jimsautoparts.com/brake.htm .

Cole
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM

Last photo:

Cole,
Thank you for that link. I will be giving them a call in the morning.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM

spring

jessebelle here, i probably have a spring or 2, but i'm unaware of where they are located in the set-up. i removed the rear drum brakes on my 65 "B" body, went to 4 wheel discs, but i kept all of the bones, plus a bucket full of other mopar brake parts too. do you have any dimensions on the spring, o.o, lenght, also length of the hooks on each end ? i'll check my motor manual on the parts breakdown of the drum brakes. should you want to change over to rear discs, let me know, i have a list of parts that are available to do it, and inexpensive, not like buying the stuff from mopar, and easy too. i'm in sayre, pa., (18840) where are you?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Last photo:

Jessebelle,
Thank you for your reply. I've since been able to obtain the springs, with the help of a good counter guy (and an old paper catalog) at my local NAPA. However, my problems aren't over yet. When I disassembled this rear, about 2 years ago, I know I placed all the miscellaneous little parts in a baggie, and put them right where I would be able to find them when I needed them....yeah, right. I've now discovered that the "anchor plate"...the kinda diamond shaped piece (in the aforementioned baggie) that fits over the anchor pin at the top of the backing plate after the brake shoes are in place is nowhere to be found. I called my local NAPA, and unbelievably, they can't help me out. So if you have a pair of those "anchor plates" for Mopar 10" brakes, let me know. That's all I need to reassemble this rear, and get the Plymouth back on it's own four feet. Thank you very much. And I'm located in Berwick, PA.

Last edited by Oldguy48; 02-02-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 PM

anchor plates

i'm sure i have a few of those, i'll look tomorrow, and reply to you. i don't think you live too far from me, i am north of towanda, pa., about 20 minutes. the berwick turnpike is right near towanda.please reply with your phone number, or call me @ (570) 888-3010. leave a message if no answer. we'll discuss the parts. jessebelle
Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelle
i'm sure i have a few of those, i'll look tomorrow, and reply to you. i don't think you live too far from me, i am north of towanda, pa., about 20 minutes. the berwick turnpike is right near towanda.please reply with your phone number, or call me @ (570) 888-3010. leave a message if no answer. we'll discuss the parts. jessebelle
You should really do this through a "PM" so not just anyone can have your info. JMO

Cole
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM

anchor plates

ok, but call me dumb, i'm still living in the previous century, i have no cell phone, and i'm really not very computer trained as well. what is PM ? i don't mind my phone # being out there, nor my address, all of that info is available to anyone with a computer, and smarter than me. feel free to call me.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelle
ok, but call me dumb, i'm still living in the previous century, i have no cell phone, and i'm really not very computer trained as well. what is PM ? i don't mind my phone # being out there, nor my address, all of that info is available to anyone with a computer, and smarter than me. feel free to call me.
"PM" = Private message.

Just trying to help that's all.
Cole
Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Last photo:

Thanks a bunch...I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.