Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - More Carb Questions-Qjet, Edelbrock, Jet, SMI-Pros And Cons
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I wouldn`t say it wasn`t all I was hoping for. I did attempt to adjust the electric choke but it still acted the same. Since SMI is a indepedant company I felt like maybe he wasn`t putting enough attention to detail into the carbs.
Jet is a major company who handles many methods of fuel delivery so I thought maybe they were a little more stricter in quality control but I could be wrong. I sold that carb to my best friend and he runs it on his Vortec 350. It`s really a strong runner and it`ll plant you hard in the seat. It has RHS Vortec heads, a comp roller cam, jet hot headers, 10:1 compression. A
TH350 auto trans, 3.42 gears with positraction. It`s in a `84 cutlass 2 door and it`s his daily driver. His work place is 20 miles there so that`s a 40 mile round tripper 5 to 6 days a week. He can fill it up on a sunday night on his way into work and not have to refill it again until the next sunday night which is pretty good for a hot rod, but that`s one of the nice benefits of a Quadrajet. I`ve ran Holley`s, Edelbrocks, Demons, and I`ll never fool with another one of the three again. Quadrajets are what I started out with and what I returned to.