Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - More door panels..
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:26 PM

Last journal entry: comming along
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry Dan. I'll explain it better.. I am making the door panel out of 1/4" luan plywood. On top of that I was going to put the styrofoam. With styrofoam it is much easier to mold. It can be molded with a cheese grater into the shape you want. If you make a mistake.. You can just glue a piece back on and do it again. when done. screen like used in windows goes over it and bondo is aplied to the screen. The bondo makes it hard. Won't dent as easily. Then my black Ultrasuede would cover that. Then the speaker and grill. Only in my case the grill would be level with the top of the mold. I would also make arm rests to match the curve of the speaker pod. They would be made from ONE design. That placed on starting with 1/2" plywood and laminating layers to the top one of 1/4" plywood. Within the second layer of would there would be a channel for wires that would be going to the power window switch. I will be installing a switch in the tip of the armrest. Hate the looks of those things mounted on the door panels. The armrests would be roughed out on the bandsaw, and finished on a belt sander. Then sealed, and the ultrasuede covered over it. For door pulls I am going to get dresser drawer pulls, and invert them in the armrests. Then the whole works would be secured to the door panels.. Al