More on old car parts, photos..... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,114 Posts
More on old car parts, photos.....

This my friends is a "parts store" near me. This guy has been around for 40 or so years selling parts. He is WAY over priced and to give you an example, I bought a 33 Ford grille from him for $5.00 once. These photos were taken AT the door to the storage, I say AT the door because we are talking there isn't an inch to walk in other than the area on the floor that is clear because it has to be for the door to swing in! I am not exaggerating, not one bit, the square inches required for the two doors that I know of in this place to actually open without being stopped are the ONLY places you will see the floor. The buildings he maintains are about 8000 sq ft I am thinking. He used to have even more and outside storage as well, it ALWAYS looked exactly as you see it here. If he had 10 square miles, it would look like this the entire 10 square miles, I am sure of it.

I was able to take these photos because the door was open and he wasn't there. I am damn sure he would be ticked off pretty bad if saw me take them. I called out to him and he didn't answer (probably only 30 feet from me) so I took the photos, next thing you know he is snaking his way over the parts between the shelves.

Now, how do you like this, he has a few restored cars among this stuff! At one time he had a 50 Chevy convertible that you could have flipped over and ate mashed potatoes off the underside of this car, it was a full on 100 pointish show car, parked among these parts!

I have no idea how much he makes, it just seems like he could be absolutely friggin filthy rich if he got on ebay for a month and didn't ever buy another part. Just get on ebay and sell have hundreds of items on at a time, he would be rolling in piles of money like he is rolling in piles of parts now.

Brian

Sorry I left the photos so big, figured you needed to see this big to fully appreciate it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Last photo:

This guy is obviously some sort of neatness freak.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Old car parts

And ya just gotta love his detailed, computerized inventory system, too!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
And ya just gotta love his detailed, computerized inventory system, too!
The man is 76 years old and went thru a bout with cancer a few years ago! ALL this is in his head!!!! He will find just about ANYTHING there by walking right over to it!!!! He NEVER "searches" when you ask for something!

He is WAY over priced on just about anything. I asked about some brake parts for my Rambler and he was about five times as much as many sources on line.

My brother went by a few hours after I did to see if he had something for a customer of his and the guy said he had thrown that stuff out! He had thrown out all his standard and few thousands under engine bearings! My brother says that the Buick nailhead cranks are so hard they seldom need turning and that standard bearings are REAL hard to get. Here he had something he could have sold and he threw them out while keeping twenty of every water pump known to man, ALL rebuilt!

He has HUNDREDS of rebuilt fuel pumps and water pumps, many of ever model!.

I do know that you either love him or hate him. My brother and I love this guy. He is a charactor, he is colorful and the world needs more people like him. He is just fine with all this, so I guess it is my problem if I don't like it!

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.