More Power For 2002 LS1 Corvette - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2002, 08:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post More Power For 2002 LS1 Corvette

I am living in Doha Qatar (Middle East) and have recently purchased a 2002 Corvette Convertible LS1. Just wish it was the Z06. Obviously there are no speed shops here and as I have been living out of the U.S.A. for many years I am very short of knowledge when it comes to the new computerized equipment that is around today.

I need some information as to what I can get to make this beautiful car perform but the biggest problem will to get anybody here that could give me a professional installation for the big dollar kits like the LS1 Stage II- 475 HP kit as seen on Hallteck's web site.

Give me some advice. What can I get that would be considered as bolt on that will get me the most out of what I have. I am not looking at saving money I want the best.

The Chevy dealer has what appears to be a good service center and it may be that with the proper instructions, and me looking over their shoulder I could go with other than non bolt on options.

All items can be shipped to this country with no problems.

Give me some advice. Appreciate all the help I can get.

Charles Lee Smading
smading@qatar.net.qa

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:

How big is your wallet??? They make about anything you want for her.Twin turbo's.There are tuner's over here that can get upwards of 750HP out of that puppy. Its all in how much you want to spend.How fast do you want to go. Some of the tuner vettes get close to the 100,000 dollar mark,but will run 205-211 wide open.Drivabilty starts going out the window also.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:20 PM

I do appreciate your response. Dollars to spend is not a real issue but suppose I should be realistic and target something like $10,000 plus. If I could get down in the low 12's preferably upper 11's for the 1/4-mile I would be happy. I definitely don't want to tear anything up and have to be careful that I don't over heat as the summer temperatures here run around 120. The Vette seems to run a little hot as it is at around 200 degrees and higher if working hard as it is. Can you give some advice as to the computerization side of the car. When adding equipment, how does this effect fuel, air and timing issues. Should I assume that these issues are taken care of when add on packages are in place. When I left the U.S.A. some twenty years ago a hot rod had a carb, distributor, and a few wires under the hood. Having been out of the country and basically driving cars that you left as is, I am completely unfamiliar with these issues.

Appreciate it buddy. Any advice is golden.

Charles Lee
Old 04-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Ford Freak

Last photo:

I thought corvettes came with LS-6s and camaros came with LS-1s.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:10 PM

Mustang66maniac I do belive that the LS6 is reserved for the corvet ZO6 The LS1 is in the standard corvett

smading- i belive that the computer will compensate a bit for add on parts, but I've herd that somtime the computer has to be reprogramed so that it knows what the engine and drive train has had done to it so it can make the engine run at its peak. the computers in the new cars seem to controle just about everything so it has to know whats' goin on with the engine when you change someting.

Hopefully someone else with more experence in computerized cars will chime in and answer your question better

maybe you could find others in your area to ask for places that could install the parts you want. or just ask the chevy dealer if they would be able to do it.
I know if i was a mechanic in your local chevy dealership I'd love the chance to put on some preformance parts on a new corvette!
Old 04-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Since it seems you would be at the mercy of your GM dealer try this link, I would stick to what ever the dealer could get you from the GM Performance Catalogue-order one. At least you would have some support. Damn nice car, it would be a shame (not to mention expensive) to mess it up and have no warranty.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/perform...s/frameset.cfm
Old 04-13-2002, 10:35 AM

Try this link. This is the KING of Corvette Performance.

<a href="http://www.lingenfelter.com/" target="_blank">http://www.lingenfelter.com/</a>

Also, to aid you in determining what will be necessary to reach these performance goals see the following website <a href="http://www.pchotrod.com." target="_blank">www.pchotrod.com.</a>

PC HOTROD calculates vehicle combinations pertaining to engines, transmissions, tire types and sizes, gears, aerodynamic drag and many other things. You can also assemble engines in most configurations that include turbocharged, supercharged and nitrous setups.

By doing this, the program calculates the given data in a detailed physics model and offers a report documenting the car's 0 to 60 times, 1/8 mile & 1/4 mile times and speed, top speed and everything in between plus more.

The program is called PC HOTROD and can be found at the following website.

<a href="http://www.pchotrod.com" target="_blank">www.pchotrod.com</a>

Good luck with your modifications...

For additional information email as noted:
pchotrod@hotmail.com

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.